Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tomato Bruschetta Garlic Bread



There is nothing earth shattering about this recipe. It's just light and tasty summer fair. Bruschetta is one of my favorite appetizer or side dishes. It's easy to make, pretty healthy and yummy!



All you will need is a large tomato, garlic, parmesan cheese, bread, butter, olive oil, and seasonings.







.








First chop up some garlic. I used 1 clove and this recipe served just my husband and myself. You can use more or less depending on how many people are eating and your overall love and tolerance for garlic (garlic + me = love)  Next get out your tomato and chop that up into medium sized chunks. I used about half of a large tomato. 

Combine the tomato and garlic and put in a bowl. Add a couple of table spoons of olive oil, some parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and basil (I like to use fresh basil, but did not have any on hand so I used the seasoning). Mix it all together.
Now it's time to get your garlic bread ready. I used less than half of a loaf of Italian bread. Slice it in half. Add butter, pepper, garlic powder, more fresh garlic (or you can omit that if you don't want it to be too garlic heavy) and whatever other seasonings your prefer.
I put mine in the broiler for about 3 minutes, until the butter is melted and the bread is golden and toasty. 



Now just add the tomato bruschetta to your bread and get ready to eat! This is perfect with pasta, or a meat dish, or on it's own for a light summer meal. 

2 comments:

  1. Yummm!!! That looks soo good, and now I'm craving bruschetta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know, I am definitely going to make some more this week!

    ReplyDelete