Friday, August 19, 2011

FBFF: Keep Dreaming!

This is the first time I've participated in a Fashion Beauty Friend Friday at modlychic. I'm excited because I really like this topic: Dream Jobs

I don't have any interesting "I would love to be a writer" pics, but the beach
has always been great inspiration! 


1. Fess up, if you could do anything professionally what would it be? 
I would love to be a writer or an author. I was an English major in college and although my concentration was literature, many of my elective courses were in writing. I absolutely loved it. I really enjoyed creative writing, even journalism, and my favorite course was on memoir writing. I wrote a piece for my final which was eventually published in a book. I'll never forget when that book came and I saw my story and my name printed on it. It was one of the proudest moments of my life!

2. What draws you to this?
I just love to write. It's been like therapy for me. I wrote a lot in college and kind of got away from it as a young adult. This past year has kind of been a topsy turvy one for me. That prompted me to start this blog. I thought it would be fun to do the fashion stuff and a great way to get myself writing again.

3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal?
When I was a young girl I was obsessed with all of the "babysitter club" books. I read them, and re-read them, and re-re-read them! I used to think, "I would LOVE to write books like this!" Then in college when I saw my first article published on the front page of our school newspaper, I thought, "wow, I can do this!"

4. What's hold you back from going all in?
Having a family and a home and a mortgage means I have to have an income. It would be great to just write full time and see where it goes, but not realistic at this point in my life. I do feel passionate about my current profession (teaching) and I love to teach writing to my little students. It always amazes me how they come into school barely writing their name and they leave writing 4 sentence paragraphs. I feel proud knowing I taught them that. It's pretty neat :)

5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest. What's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dreams? 
Well I think I did take a step by starting this blog about a month ago, even if it was just a baby one. If anything it has me writing about something every day!

Head over to modlychic to read more responses to these questions!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Thanks for your comment. I still can't click on the follow button, nor can I see how many followers you have. Not sure why, but I'll keep checking back!

    Kathleen
    www.coulditbeceliac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete