Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Goes to visit his mommy...

she feeds him well, his concerns, he forgets them, and remembers being small... playing under the table and dreaming..."


Ahh, from the classic DMB song Ants Marching. That line of the song reminds me of home, and being with my mom. My parents sold our childhood home a couple of years ago which was very sad. So many great memories were created in that house and it was hard to let it go. But I find that, for me anyway, home is where my mom is. The familiar smell of espresso brewing, or sauce simmering, and I'm home again, under the table and dreaming.

On an outfit note, this LOFT dress has been one of my go to pieces for the entire summer. I love the colors, the stripes, the drawstring at the waste. I think it might even work for fall with a cardigan and flats. What do you think?

Dress: LOFT (summer 2011)
Shrug Sweater: NY&Co (a couple of years ago)
Flip Flops: Old Navy (old)
Necklace: Sunshine Daydreams


No comments:

Post a Comment