Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Underdressed and Unprepared


So I woke up this morning with a sore throat and feeling overall blah. I decided to go for a more casual look, just didn't feel like pulling on tights, dealing with a belt or heels, etc. At around 8:15 my boss pages me. I never get paged unless it's to sign a pre-ob (to be evaluated) so I walked to his office, pen in hand, prepared to sign. Well I was wrong about the pre-ob and instead met my new student teacher. I am totally fine with having a student teacher (this is my 3rd) but some notice would have been, umm, nice. I felt very unprepared and totally underdressed!  I mean I would have thrown on a skirt for the occasion if I knew in advance!
The girl was lovely and reminded me a lot of me when I student taught. She was very nervous but I kept reassuring her that she will be fine. My lovey-dovey kids adore her and she said she had a great 1st day. So I guess my really old, oversized, striped, worn as a maternity shirt back in the day, shirt did not give her a bad impression of me :)

Jacket: Loft (fall 2011)
Sriped Shirt: Old Navy (old)
Navy Tank: Old Navy
Pants: Banana Republic (old)
Shoes: Old Navy (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment