Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's My Party

Birthdays are always a great excuse for pretty
dresses with pink flowers on them! 



Yesterday was my birthday. I turned the big 3-5. I cannot believe I'm 35, in my mind I feel like I haven't aged past 25. Not the case! Anyway I guess I'm OK with getting older. I feel like I'm gaining that wisdom thing everyone talks about :)

My birthday was actually pretty great. My friends at work gave me very generous gifts and a cake. My teacher aide bought me flowers, presented me with cards that the kids made, and even BAKED me a cake. Some of my parents even gave me gifts! I felt so loved. Seriously.

When I picked little R up from school he had made me a card too. My hubby sent me flowers and bought me a gift that is back ordered so I don't have it yet, but it will be a nice little belated surprise when it arrives. Then we went to dinner, just the 3 of us. It was such a great day!
Plus I still have celebrating to do! I'm going shopping with my mom this weekend to pick out my new Coach bag (my mom's gift to me, plus I have gift cards and a coupon to put towards it) and since my sister is out of town on business they want to have a cake/dinner for me next weekend when she's back from her trip. Yay, I love extended birthdays!

As you can tell from this post, I am 35 but still very much a child, especially when it comes to birthdays!! LOL
Dress: Gap Outlet (fall of 2010)
Shoes: Coach (summer of 2010)

I stalked these Coach shoes all through the summer
of '10 until they finally went on sale enough for me to
justify buying them.  Love them! Oh and the toe imprints
are from getting water spilled on my foot during lunch duty
last year. I nearly had a heart attack. The good news is you
obviously can't see the marks when I'm wearing the shoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment