Monday, September 19, 2011

A Chill in the Air

I type this to you from my computer wearing my coziest sweats and slippers. This past weekend the temps turned cooler here in the northeast and my body is obviously not ready for it and did not react well because I have come down with my first cold of the school year. Today was just a rough one to get through but I made it! Now it's time for some chicken soup and tea and (hopefully) an early bed time.

Oh the dilemma of the pencil skirt for me as a teacher. I love the way they look, but they are not practical for getting down on the carpet during small group reading time. I haven't started small group reading time yet so it's OK to wear now. Once I start the only "safe" day for wearing pencil skirts and other more restrictive outfits will be Wednesday. I have an extra prep that day and no time for small groups. I like the way this belt looks with this outfit, but I have to admit I played and adjusted all day. Oh well, trial and error!

Shirt: Banana Republic outlet  (a while ago)
Skirt: LOFT (summer 2011)
Belt: Taken from a LOFT dress
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction

I love these shoes and they kind of hurt but I still..
love them! 

1 comment:

  1. too cute! love your outfit, I enjoy other working women's fashion blogs!

    ReplyDelete