Monday, June 25, 2012

Do You Dare Wear Short Shorts?


Shorts. Shorts are a problem article of clothing for me. When I was younger I wore mostly shorter length shorts because that was the style and I was pretty thin and able to pull it off. Fast forward to post pregnancy, the trends changed to longer walking style shorts and my body changed as well. Oh and the numbers on the birthday candles stared increasing also. But I always felt like the longer shorts cut me off and made me look a little frumpy. I am not very tall, but not petite either. I fall in that average 5'4 height range. I've had these shorts from Old Navy for years. When I was doing the closet clean out post Robert, I got rid of a lot of stuff, but held on to these for some reason. Holding on to the fantasy that they might fit me again I guess. Well here I am, they fit again, and I wore them today. I don't think I look bad, but the thought crept into my head as we cruised the aisles of Toys R Us this morning, at 35 am I too old for these?

Well they are still on and I did try to balance out the shortness with a looser, longer shirt!





Shirt: Macy's 
Shorts: Old Navy
Sandals: Ann Klein 
Necklace: Charming Charlie's 

No comments:

Post a Comment