Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fantasy vs. Reality

I've had it in mind to where this outfit a few times this year and never went through with it. That's because I knew deep down that while this outfit would look fine, even good, I would be majorly uncomfortable all day. As a teacher sometimes it's hard to wear high heels and pencil skirts. As a Kindergarten teacher, it's even harder. Ever trying squatting down to a 5 year old's level in a pencil skirt? It's not fun! I mostly have a fear of the skirt ripping, lol. Primary grades involve a lot of sitting in little chairs and on the carpet, which make more structured skirts and dresses a little difficult to wear.  I pulled the trigger on this dress/cardigan/heels combo because it was parent/teacher conference day and I like to look more "dressed up" on those days. I have to say, I felt pretty in this dress yesterday. I also felt like I couldn't move around as freely and my feet were killing me an hour into the day (and I usually have a back up pair of flats but forgot them!) Needless to say, it was sweatpants and snuggie time as soon as I walked in the door to my house! I do like this dress though, so I'll try to sneak one more wear in before the end of the school year... on a day when I have 2 specials.. and with flats :)

Dress: Loft (spring 2011)
Cardigan: Loft (fall 2011)
Shoes: Nine West (old) 

No comments:

Post a Comment